Safety + HHCSP
Heavy, Highway Construction Safety Partnership
The Associated Contractors of New Mexico (ACNM) and the New Mexico Occupational Health and Safety Bureau (NM OSHA), mutually recognize the importance of providing a safe and healthful work environment for New Mexico’s heavy highway construction workforce. The HHCSP Agreement was established to encourage, acknowledge and assist New Mexico’s heavy highway construction industry in their efforts to ensure a safe and healthful workplace for employees engaged in the construction of New Mexico's public infrastructure.
This initiative represents a welcomed agreement and affords a partnership for voluntary compliance alternatives to the traditional NM OSHA enforcement activities. NM OSHA and ACNM believe that maintaining a focus on safety will save lives, time and dollars. The intended outcome of this focus is a reduction of employee injuries, illnesses, deaths, equipment damage, workers’ compensation and insurance costs, down times and monetary penalties. However, the overall goal of this partnership is the protection of life, limb and property.
Goals of the Partnership
- To reduce annually the severity and frequency rate of injuries, illnesses and facilities affecting participating employers;
- To increase the number of heavy highway contractors who implement effective safety and health programs, including safety and health focused training for employees, supervisors and management;
- To recognize those contractors with exemplary safety and health programs and site-specific safety and health plans;
- To decrease accident and regulatory penalty costs to participants; and,
- To improve the image of, and to increase the public’s trust in, New Mexico’s heavy highway construction industry.
What is the process?
This multi-platform partnership consists of three (3) levels; Silver-entry level, Gold-transitional level, and Platinum-superior level.
The first step is to submit an application packet to ACNM.
Next, the verification committee will review the application packet for determination of platform level.
Once the verification committee has completed the application review process, an on-site visit is conducted.
Upon successful completion of the verification process, a company is eligible for the partnership benefits for their qualifying platform level.
For more information about the Partnership or the application process contact: